The Office Media Group (OMG) has a simple vision – to empower all Microsoft 365 customers to achieve more with media. Building and maintaining strong connections across location and time is critical in the world we live in, and the emotional power of media – video, audio, and photos – makes it best-in-class for fostering personal and relatable connections. In OMG we aim to unlock the power of media for every Microsoft customer with tools and experiences thoughtfully targeted to meet their needs most appropriately.
The team in Serbia is focused on improving video viewing experiences in productivity scenarios. This is especially relevant today, given the abundance of recorded meetings across industries and schools. The roadmap includes logical improvements like adding chapters and interactivity and cutting-edge AI powered experiences that will unlock the full potential of video.
We are hiring Software Engineers who are passionate and highly motivated to work on researching, solving deep technical problems, and taking on challenges.
About the Team culture
Everyone in OMG plays an active role in defining and living our team cultural values:
- Be friendly, helpful, and collaborative — Seeking out different perspectives, taking the time to help others, celebrating successes, and learning from failures ensure each team member grows and excels.
- Ship a quality product with features that customers love — Deep customer understanding fuels every step of our planning and ensures we imagine, build, and ship products that meet the needs of and delight our customers.
- Seek to improve how we work — We strive to give and receive feedback in an open and respectful way and to be rigorous in improving our processes to create a happy and productive work environment.
- Design, produce and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, security, efficiency, etc. of a service.
- Contribute with fixing, enhancing, and supporting our services in production, including periodic on-call duties.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the world to address all requirements needed to run enterprise-grade services.
- Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems.
- Foster and further improve the team culture.
- Has core engineering skills that include software design, coding, debugging, testing and technical documentation.
- Is effective in a significant technical problem domain, in the term of plan, design, execution, continuous release and service operation.
- Strong ability in self-learning, entering new domain, managing through uncertainty in an innovative team environment.
- Has experience with full stack development.
- Has strong customer focus and data driven approach.
- Passionate, self-motivated with strong Growth Mindset
- Effectively collaborates with the team and makes people around them better
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with full-stack development
- Experience with owning or driving large scale services, components, or feature areas.
- Familiarity with NodeJS, TypeScript, C/C++
- Familiarity with ML concepts (NLP, CV…)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away