We are Azure Data, a Microsoft team that drives the future of data processing in the Microsoft Cloud. Our software development team, located in Belgrade, is building some of the most advanced and widely used data processing cloud services in the world. The services we build are based on groundbreaking technology and are global market leaders, with millions of active users.Azure SQL Managed Instance is our customer’s first choice service for migrating existing SQL Server instances from on-premise data centers to the cloud. Thousands of customers have easily migrated their apps to this service and got all the benefits of automated database management (patching, backups, high-availability, security).
We are hiring Senior Software Engineers who are passionate and highly motivated to work on researching, solving deep technical problems, and taking on challenges.
- Design, produce and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability, performance, security, efficiency, etc. of a service.
- Contribute with fixing, enhancing, and supporting our services in production, including periodic on-call duties.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the world to address all requirements needed to run enterprise-grade services.
- Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems.
- Drive and lead the improvements from technical perspective
- Proactively come up with the proposals for further improvements of the system, process and owned product
- 2+ years of experience of system programming.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a product group.
- Demonstrated excellence in coding and technical communication
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with large scale services, distributed systems
- Experience in owning a responsibility of components or feature areas
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline, or 4 years of equivalent software engineering work experience
- The ability to multi-task while balancing short-term and long-term tasks
- Experience optimizing automation, reliability, and monitoring of LiveSite
- Strong customer focus and data driven approach
- End-to-end Delivery and Innovation
- Adaptability in fast paced environment
- Great collaboration and team-player skills
- Leadership skills are strongly preferred
- Being eager to investigate the code base that are not owned by immediate team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away