At Arbor, we’re on a mission to transform the way schools work for the better. Our products are transforming the way schools use data to bring about positive change by empowering schools and teachers. Arbor reduces the amount of time spent on administrative tasks, and increases their time where it matters, with the students!
We’re in scale up mode and in need of a Senior Software Engineer to join a newly created team that’s building our Group MIS product team. This team specializes in API and service development, and is heavily involved with how we utilize our internal Data Warehouse.
You’ll be hands-on with the code base in a full stack capacity predominantly working with PHP, React on AWS but not exclusively. As a senior member of the team you’ll also get to mentor other engineers and develop your leadership skills for future career opportunities at Arbor.
A day in the life of a Senior Software Engineer at Arbor
- Working closely with the Engineering Lead, QA Engineer, and Product Manager to help formalize feature requests efficiently and with schools in mind.
- Be the link between the business and engineering, creating appropriate documentation for new feature developments, including diagrams where appropriate.
- Leading by example and maintaining a high level compliance with engineering standards
- Producing your own well written code using standard design patterns and methods.
- Writing appropriate tests around new features and ensuring appropriate test coverage.
- Carrying out code reviews and pair programming with your colleagues.
- Participating in internal and external tech-talks and team based learning to ensure knowledge sharing across the business.
- Within 1 month, you’ll: Help establish progress against immediate priorities, and provide support to junior engineers through pairing, code review, and mentoring
- Within 3 months, you’ll: Work with the Lead Product Engineer to establish a technical strategy for the Group MIS
- Within 6 months, you’ll: Help lead on development of the Group MIS strategy, including utilization of the Arbor Data Warehouse, and redevelopment of legacy components
We’re looking for a passionate team player, with great mentoring skills. Beyond that, we’d love to see you have:
- Experience working full stack with a passion for PHP and React or a willingness to learn
- Experience writing API’s and services within a service oriented environment.
- Experience with Data Warehousing and Data Aggregation pipelines.
- Familiarity with Scrum methodology or other agile development processes.
- Experience with cloud computing.
- Familiarity with software best practices such as Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design, Test-Driven Development, etc.
What we offer
The chance to work alongside a team of hard-working, passionate people in a role where you’ll see the impact of your work everyday. We also offer:
- We believe in supporting your professional growth so we provide you with a set training budget and give you the freedom to choose how you spend it. We also provide a subscription to Udemy for engineering training resources
- We promote positive well being and as part of this you’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program as well as being able to speak to trained mental health first aiders
- Frequent internal Tech Talks, opportunities to learn from colleagues, and dedicated time o to attend conferences or training
- We are all currently WFH due to covid and will continue to provide flexible work arrangements post covid
- We offer additional discretionary holidays, including half day Fridays during the school summer holidays
Refer a friend: Know someone else who would be good for this role? You can refer a friend, family member or colleague, if they are offered a role with Arbor, we will say thank you with a voucher valued up to £200! Simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbor Education is an equal opportunities organization.
Our goal is for Arbor to be a workplace which represents, celebrates and supports people from all backgrounds, and which gives them the tools they need to thrive – whatever their ambitions may be.
We want to make sure we build the best products for our schools, and we passionately believe that starts with building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve. We’re actively working on this, and we’re always open to feedback. Let us know your thoughts!
If you need any adjustments to be made to support you through the recruitment process, let us know at email@example.com
Please note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Prijavi se do 20/05/21
Lokacija — Beograd