Senior DevOps Engineer / DevOps Engineer
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Team name: Group Functions IT Practices and Innovation – DevOps Engineering Team
Enterprise Technology Practices and Innovation DevOps Engineering Team support Enterprise Technology IT teams to achieve the goals of double the number of releases, half the number of incidents and quarter the toil. It offers the following services
- Increase the ability of Pods to adopt modern ‘self-serve’ support tooling such as JIRA SD, AppDynamics, Splunk & Slack.
- Increase adoption of Mode 2 / SAC Change Management
- Support project teams to build and deploy Service APIs enabling them to automate start/end of day manual processes & automate service monitoring.
- Improve Change and Release Management process and tooling
- Assisting projects to migrate to the external cloud through a comprehensive Infrastructure as Code (automate provisioning software, networks, and virtual machines) consulting/implementation service.
The job holder will have to perform the following duties:
- Implement process improvements which reduce manual efforts involved in HSBC patching process, including OS, middleware, database or any other software patching
- Define framework to incorporate applications’ stop, restart, health check or any other steps required during the patching process
- Diagnose and fix systems and software failures and build additional automation to prevent the failure scenario from reoccurring
- Provide leadership and consultancy on patching automation
- Formulate, organize, monitor and track all the patching automation projects in GF IT
- Support DevOps and APM tooling/services such as Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Ansible, Splunk and AppDynamics
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities, develop and control deadlines and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Create/Maintain automated dashboard and report status to CIOs and take part in relative meeting as required
- Go through project boards to evaluate the work to be done
- Proven experience with a minimum of 5 years experience in DevOps related position.
- Proven experience on Jenkins pipeline development using groovy and Python language and APIs, Ansible orchestration, Build automation using GitHub, maven, Nexus and Jenkins.
- Experience with and proficiency with at least one configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Good knowledge of SDLC and DevOps concepts including source control management, build and deployment automation, test cycles, managing environments, monitoring, production releases etc.
- Linux Admin including shell/python scripting, Application servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat etc), Oracle servers is a plus
- Knowledge of mulesoft and coding in APIs is a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and documentation skills, both technical and non-technical
- Strong consulting skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated personality with excellent time management skills and a strong sense of initiative
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a high-pressure environment against multiple deadlines
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Experience within an agile environment
- Comfortable switching between multiple project contexts