Android Engineer for Future of Banking
What we’re looking for
We have 4 open positions for Android native developers. We are looking for Senior/Lead developers who will join our remote team and work on the future of banking in Africa. Take this opportunity to make an impact in the future of banking in Africa and take part in an innovative FinTech project.
You have strong opinions backed up by clear structured thinking and good communication. You are a self-organized professional who naturally takes the initiative instead of waiting for orders. You have the confidence to work with a senior team and also support junior staff members. You are a friend who likes working with others.
What you will do
- Solve problems and introduce new features to an app that we are currently working on
- Collaborate in a design-oriented environment
- Work throughout the entire technical stack of the app – networking, data transformation, UI
- At least 5 years of practical experience developing Android apps, resulting in excellent command of Java, Kotlin, and the Android SDK
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices including Custom UI or views.
- Strong knowledge of the HTTP protocol and HTTP based APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch.”
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration (CI) and Unit Testing
- Good understanding of git workflows and git as a version control system
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Knowledge in reactive programming is considered an advantage
If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Duration & Starting Date
- Long-term (1 year), full-time, remote engagement starting Right Away!
- 🏝 100% remote work
- 💸 Competitive Compensation
- 🧘♀️ Flexible Working Schedule