We are Montecha, a software development company located in Belgrade, Serbia.
We are looking for a QA engineer responsible for integrating and sustaining the quality in daily software development life cycles. As a development team member, you will be required to write test cases and plans for new functionalities and cover them with automation. We are a remote-first company, and you can work from any place in the world. We offer full employment in Serbia or contract-based work if you are living in a different country.
- Working experience with test case management tools (mainly TestRail)
- Working experience with issue tracking tools (Jira and Trello)
- Experience with some of the automated test frameworks
- Experience in testing Web Services (REST preferred)
- Understanding of XML and JSON data formats
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of Web security
- Experience with agile development methodology and CI/CD
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Writing performance tests is a plus
- Familiarity with tools like Postman is a plus
- Familiarity with some of the version-control tools for tracking changes (Git)
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Fluent English, written and verbal communication skills
- Participating in all stages of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and taking responsibility for quality assurance
- Covering existing functionalities with automated tests
- Designing and performing non-functional tests such as performance, stress, security, etc.
- Writing detailed test plans, test cases, and test scenarios, as well as performing product validation, verification, and test execution
- Detecting and reporting defects
- Being part of the agile team and collaborating with the product owner and software developers
- Staying up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating testing activities
- Identifying, recording, documenting thoroughly, and tracking bugs
- Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Developing and applying testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitoring debugging process results
- Investigating the causes of non-conforming software and training users to implement solutions
- Tracking quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
What we offer
- Customer Care – Our goal is to be the best at everything we do. We work with clients to understand their needs, make it easier for them to work with us, and respond to their requests quickly and efficiently.
- Transparency – We strive to do more than is necessary. We use available data, market insights, and local expertise to keep abreast of changes in rules and regulations and track our clients’ opportunities and risks.
- Integrity – We value the trust placed in us by our clients and approach them with integrity. We assess and manage the risks on behalf of our clients.
- Teamwork – We provide support to clients internationally so that the services are flawless, and we do it as a team.
- We invest in talent – We strive to constantly hire and develop talent and allow them to create a great career. In addition, we invest in technical and leadership skills to develop qualified and motivated teams.
- Growth – There is an opportunity for personal and carrier development within the company. We always support new learnings and experiences.
- Support – Work in a young, positive, and supportive team. You are never alone!
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangement
- Working from home/home office
- Full-time employment
- Opportunity to develop your skills by working with the latest technologies
- Challenging tasks always to keep your brain running
- Respect for your private time
- Ability to reduce the workload