Python – Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Enterprise Technology Practices and Innovation DevOps Engineering Team support Enterprise Technology IT teams to achieve the goals of double the number of releases, half the number of incidents and quarter the toil.
It offers the following services
- Increase the ability of Pods to adopt modern ‘self-serve’ support tooling such as JIRA SD, AppDynamics, Splunk & Slack.
- Increase adoption of Mode 2 / SAC Change Management
- Support project teams to build and deploy Service APIs enabling them to automate start/end of day manual processes & automate service monitoring.
- Improve Change and Release Management process and tooling
- Assisting projects to migrate to the external cloud through a comprehensive Infrastructure as Code (automate provisioning software, networks, and virtual machines) consulting/implementation service.
The job holder will have to perform the following duties:
- Provide leadership and consultancy on QA automation discipline, represent QA automation function with stakeholders
- Create/Maintain automated dashboard and report status to stakeholders and take part in the daily scrum meeting
- Design/Architect test automation framework and develop new test automation libraries if required
- Implement QA process and automated testing for all the workstreams to improve the overall testing cycle
- Go through project boards to evaluate the work to be done
- Designing, writing test automation scripts and execute tests as required
- Using test automation frameworks
- Investigating problems in Test Automation software as a result of the testing and working with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions
- Creation of Test Automation CI pipeline in Jenkins
- Provide Knowledge Transfer sessions to enable the software development teams
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Python Software Development
- Hands-on experience on Python and Test Driven Development tooling and principle
- Hands-on experience on unittest, pytest or similar
- Proven experience on Git and GitFlow
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and come up with solutions to meet project needs
- Some experience of Test Automation tools and techniques e.g. Cucumber; Protractor; Gherkin; Restful APIs; Selenium and SQL queries is desirable
- Some experience in systems integrations, architectural patterns and communication protocols is a plus
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and documentation skills, both technical and non-technical
- Strong consulting skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated personality with excellent time management skills and a strong sense of initiative
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Experience within an agile environment
- Comfortable switching between multiple project contexts