We are the Maps & Geospatial – a Microsoft team that drives the future of Maps across a wide majority of Microsoft services. Our software development team, located in Belgrade, is building some of the most advanced parts of the ecosystem primarily focused on building up the Open Maps Data community and corpus.
Open Maps is primarily represented by OpenStreetMap.org but is an emerging movement through which governments, government agencies and other organizations are opening their datasets for the benefit of everyone. Microsoft wants to play a key role in this movement through motivating our vast community of users to contribute with their local knowledge and later share it with everyone through our excellent set of geospatial services.
We are hiring Principal Software Engineer who are passionate and highly motivated to work on researching, driving, solving both deep technical problems, working in open data and open code systems. If you are eager for taking a challenge, Maps & Geospatial is the place for you!
- Work with the team and peers every day on solving highly complex design, coding, troubleshooting and operational challenges
- Driving features, projects and open ended problems towards resolution
- Increase the team’s capacity and capability by sharing experience and knowledge
- Continuously evaluate engineering processes and practices affecting the team with the goal of eliminating inefficiencies and increasing the overall team effectiveness Passionately drive these improvements both within the team and across the Identity organization if necessary
- Provide deep strategical technical expertise and guidance in the design/architecture/planning stage of the project. Provide guidance during the execution/implementation as necessary
- Help Microsoft in building something great that positively affects the lives of millions of people!
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of software design and development experiences
- Solid Experience driving architecture/design/implementation and delivery of great user experiences
- General experience in open-source development
- Experience with Maps data and/or Geospatial services
- Excellent communication and cross team collaboration skill
- Experience in building and growing an engineering tech
- Excellent system design and open-ended problem-solving skills
- Passionate about live site health
- Passionate about user experience and user facing features
- Strong full stack development experiences. Experiences with Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS) are preferred
- Having visionary mind
- Easily adaptable in any code base
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away