Node.js Backend Developer
Join our team of experienced and talented Web Developers – Cinnamon is a great place to explore new technologies and play a defining role with any product you are working on. Do what you do best and let us make sure you are nicely compensated, content, and having fun.
Cinnamon is a digital agency that specialised in the design and development of mobile and web applications and websites. Our clients are mostly ambitious international and local founders who are looking for tailor-made and high-quality solutions. We care about our employees and we are working very hard to ensure all of us at Cinnamon are fulfilled and enjoying our work. This is why Cinnamon was voted as one of the top 5 middle-size employers in Croatia in 2020 based on the employees voting campaign organised by Croatian job seeking & advertising portal MojPosao.
What do you get to do in this role:
- Use regularly Express.js – this is our application framework of choice.
- Do Joi Input validation to make sure that all the incoming data, interacting with our applications are as correct as possible.
- Write raw MySQL queries which will give us enough flexibility when it comes to storing and using data.
- Use Swagger UI – all our backend projects come with full Swagger documentation of all the endpoints.
- Use Firebase to handle cloud notifications and/or user authentication and to provide real-time data for projects that require such functionality.
- Use AWS to deploy and run our backend and the database service (we mainly use S3, EC2 instances for running the Node.js app, and RDS for databases).
- Use Socket.io – it is our go-to choice when there is a need for real-time and/or two-way communication between the client and the server, outside of REST.
- Last but not least, ask important questions, speak candidly, and try to move the needle on your projects every single day. ;)
What we would love to get from you:
- Min. 2 years of professional software development experience (min. 1 year of Node.js coding experience).
- Very good knowledge of relational databases (SQL).
- Experience with server administration and integrations with other systems.
- Experience with enterprise / AWS microservices (preferred).
- Meticulous attention to detail regardless of whether it’s your own work or reviewing someone else’s work.
- Very good written and spoken English.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus for hosting presentations, participating in meetups and blogging, successful recommendations for our open job positions, etc.
- Constant progress and improvement with the help of the management (employee satisfaction management).
- Paid conference attending, online courses, internal workshops and knowledge sharing.
- Team building such as rafting, hiking, bowling, etc.
- Virtual and live after-work activities and gatherings
- Access to a free and confidential workplace counselling service with our in-house psychologist regarding your personal and professional development.
- Flexible working hours (workday starts between 7 am and 10 am, as per your preferences).
- Remote work (for now until further notice).
- Extra vacation days after the first year of employment.
- Work anniversary gifts :)