Java Developer [Backend]
Mangonel builds, integrates and supports Enterprise and Consumer software. Our mission is to help companies generate more value for their customers, partners and employees by building quality software. Since our establishment in 2007 we have been dedicated to the delivery of quality software at the highest level of business integrity. We are a trusted software advisor to our clients and partners around the globe, and we are looking for:
- Job Location: Work from home (Serbia, Croatia)
What you tell your friends you do
- You’ll be joining a team of talented developers to develop new features into our and our partners/clients core products.
- We are continually looking to improve our offering, maintain scalability and performance, whilst always building with a user experience first mindset. The code on this project has been nearly completely re-written over the last few years and is clean and modern.
- You’ll be working on the server components of cloud based online video platform, imagining, designing and developing new features and fixes.
- Your day to day will be spent using Java, Spring, Hibernate and specialist video processing technologies.
The day to day
- We start new projects with simple proof of concepts, as what we do generally hasn’t been done before, and build to production readiness from there. It’s interesting work, and needs intelligent, hard-working, self-motivated people who work well in remote teams.
- You’ll be responsible for the implementation of fixes and features, including requirements gathering, design, development and test. Your emphasis will be on building performant, scalable, Spring-based applications using techniques such as multi-threading.
- You will be mentoring other developers through pairing and peer reviews.
Who you are
- The right person will have at least 3 years’ experience in the field as a Software Developer and will be educated to University degree level.
- You are self motivated, with an appetite for learning and the have the ability to articulate your ideas in a mindful and collaborative manner.
- You enjoy a challenge, embrace accountability and will be depended on to use your intution to make key decisions.
- You will be joining a interesting, modern and positive company that creates quality software and transforms business vision into a real life solutions, relying on great people that produce amazing products, whilst having fun doing so.
You should be an expert in
- Architecting systems for redundancy and scale
Bonus points for experience of
- Video / media streaming
- SaaS design and development
- JMS, RabbitMQ
- Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless
- Microservice design patterns
- Full time work-from-home experience
- Remote work with world class clients
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
If you believe that you meet the requirements please submit Your up-to-date CV using the form below.