Aspire Technology Unlimited
Aspire Technology is an innovative Professional Services and Software Development company, with core competence in mobile telecommunications. Our solutions are delivered to Network Operators and Vendors, Managed Service Providers and Technology Partners globally.
Our customers include global mobile operators and the world’s leading suppliers of telecommunication products and services.
Role: IT/System Administrator
As an IT/System Administrator, you will administer Aspire’s on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure, working closely with Lab, Development and Professional Services teams on matters related to system performance, operation and design, supporting the deployment of latest 5G and ORAN software in Aspire lab.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Administer Aspire’s on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure, including all phases of infrastructure lifecycle – provisioning, installation, configuration, patching/upgrading, troubleshooting, monitoring and decommissioning of systems
- Be an SME on all things related to the functioning of operating systems (especially Linux and its networking stack) and applications;
- Be an SME on public cloud (particularly AWS), private cloud (particularly OpenStack) and container management systems (Kubernetes), and provide support both Aspire’s clients and internal teams with matters of design and operating deployments in the cloud and in Kubernetes;
- Be an SME on all aspects of systems security and be the driver for implementing security best practices on systems-level for all Aspire infrastructure;
- Be a part of Aspire’s IT security response team and investigate potential security incidents along with other infrastructure stakeholders (network administrators, application developers and owners);
- Drive the overall development and growth of Aspire’s infrastructure, with a particular focus on scalability, availability and security – identify existing deficiencies in infrastructure design and propose and implement improvements, resulting in a more robust and secure infrastructure;
- Be the heart of Aspire’s infrastructure automation efforts – constant work on implementing automated workflows for managing Aspire’s infrastructure, which will eliminate toil, make the infrastructure more secure, resilient and easier to consume.
- Sharing knowledge with other engineers.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux OS system operation and administration (Debian and Fedora derivatives)
- Deep expertise in shell scripting
- Extensive knowledge of Linux TCP/IP protocol stack and working knowledge of networking technologies
- Experience with virtualization environments (VMware, KVM)
- Experience in operating and deploying VNFs and underlying technologies (DPDK, VPP, SR-IOV) is an advantage
- Experience with designing and operating infrastructure in the private and public cloud (AWS, OpenStack)
- Hands-on experience deploying and operating container management systems (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Extensive experience in automating workflows, both from a configuration management perspective (Ansible, Puppet, Chef) and IaC tools (Terraform)
- Good working command of a scripting/programming language (Python, Go, Perl)
- Experience working with modern IT environments and the latest industry tools
- A solid team player with the ability to lead others and yet work independently
- Flexible and Adaptable to developing business needs and work patterns
- Ability to work analytically and coordinate investigations. A problem solver
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- A Bachelor of Science or Engineering (Degree) in IT, telecommunications, or equivalent experience
- At least of 3 years of working experience specialized in Engineering
At Aspire Technology you can expect:
- A competitive salary with a performance-related bonus
- Extensive technical and business training with the possibility to gain external industry standard certifications
- Opportunity for career advancement through our structured career progression model
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Opportunity to work in newly emerging technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidized and very active sports and social club