Company from Toronto, regularly recognized as one of the top IT employers. Our product, SaaS platform in cloud for accounting is used globally by over 130 000 companies in more than 160 countries.→ https://www.freshbooks.com/
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started in Central Europe and there’s a lot left to do. We’re a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and with HQ based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 160 countries.
for Croatian office
As an Engineering Manager at FreshBooks you’ll be responsible for managing the development of one of our Product Engineering teams and help accelerate their execution. As a leader and a guide, you’ll accelerate the execution and scale the capabilities of our platform. Your extraordinary technology skills will help you guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
You’re already a skilled Leader for a group of Developers, able to recruit new talent and champion development teams and their Leaders. Your technical experience with large-scale web technologies allows you to lead by example. Strong communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively influence across an organization. In all areas you’re able to anticipate and plan for the future.
What you’ll do:
- Own and drive the execution of and be accountable for the technical vision of a crucial product area for FreshBooks, by leading a group of developers and by working with other product development disciplines.
- Expertly lead by example and manage a group of developers and technical leads.
- Set, maintain and raise the level of technical excellence across your group and the entire development organization.
- Work closely with the Product Development leadership, including VPs and Directors of Engineering and Product areas, to build a world-class engineering organization.
- Attract and recruit talent across the organization to help execute the FreshBooks mission.
- Anticipate and prepare for the future – technology, people, culture and process.
What you have:
- Proven engineering management experience, either with an organization of 10 or more developers or over a period of at least 5+ years.
- Technical expertise in one or more relevant areas, particularly the design, implementation and maintenance of web services.
- A history of establishing teams by developing and recruiting exceptional talent.
- The ability to influence an organization through exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated ability to anticipate the future, navigate ambiguity, develop plans and successfully execute over multiple quarters.
- A love of learning, a constant drive for self-improvement and a desire to help everyone be better.
What you may have:
- Experience building scalable web applications.
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile teams.
- Knowledge of some or all of: Ember or a similar technology, Flask or a similar technology, Java, Swift, Objective-C, RabbitMQ, Celery, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Datadog, Cloud Platforms like GCP (or AWS), similar development technologies.
Why Join Us
We’re a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Europe.
Prijavi se do 30/05/21
Lokacija — Remote, relocation to Zagreb