At Microsoft, we’re building a culture based on learning: We want to know what our customers want and what’s going to make their work and lives better. Innovation only happens when we really understand our customers and their behavior. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Data Analyst and User Researcher who’s driven by empathy for customers, and the need to know how to serve them better.
The Office Media Group (OMG) has a simple vision – to empower all Microsoft 365 customers to achieve more with media. Building and maintaining strong connections across location and time is critical in the world we live in, and the emotional power of media – video, audio, and photos – makes it best-in-class for fostering personal and relatable connections. In OMG we aim to unlock the power of media for every Microsoft customer with tools and experiences thoughtfully targeted to meet their needs most appropriately. OMG is seeking for a motivated, creative data analyst and user researcher who’s obsessed with understanding customers, analyzing data, and excited about improving overall media experience.
Come help us realize our dream of delivering the highest quality and most impactful experiences to our customers. We learn from users through directed research and product usage data with the goal of delivering software and services that enable customers to be more productive and achieve more with media.
- Work with stakeholders to turn business problems into data analysis questions, and then unearthing deep insights through analysis of data, including selecting the appropriate methodology through which to conduct data analysis and apply statistical methods to generate accurate and actionable insights and visualizations
- Perform qualitative UX research at all phases of the product development cycle and apply large toolkit of research practices and methods. Know how to deliver meaningful insights for a specific product and how those insights can apply to other contexts
- Combine quantitative and qualitative information to discover new opportunities within a problem area or user scenario
- Engage with stakeholders to produce clear, compelling, and actionable insights that influence product and service improvements that will impact millions of customers
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present and write reports, and strong teamwork preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with data science or analytics in a business context
- 2+ years of experience using statistical computer languages (Python, R, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights
- 2+ years of experience conducting quantitative user research, preferably in the technology industry
- Demonstrated passion for fostering relationships across disciplines and teams to create coherent, best-in-class customer experiences
- Proven track record of influencing product or business decisions
- Experience with a broad range of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies (statistical analysis, analytics, usability studies, interviews, surveys, user modeling, card sorting, etc.)
- Experience producing rich insights by bridging behavioral and attitudinal data
- Experience with UX analytics, user data, segmentation, and data analysis. Ability to define UX metrics and establish KPIs to track the success and failure of design changes.
- Proficiency analyzing large-scale user data, telemetry, or quantitative datasets to uncover behavior patterns, user pain points and formulating actionable insights
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away