ACME Software is a software company, situated in Novi Sad. Acme Software develops innovative desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions. We are always looking for people who are eager to take on new challenges, to grow with the team, and to take a part in building next generation of web and mobile applications.
We are growing and have an immediate need for a Senior Software Engineer to join our VoIP Software Development Kit (SDK) team.
The SDK is a core set of libraries that power softphone experiences on both mobile and desktop platforms and as a member of our team, you will work on our core SDK product to enhance and create features that continue to delight our customers. The ideal candidate has strong development experience and is an expert in C++ and not afraid to get dirty with problem solving. The SDK product is platform independent, which gives opportunity to work on all major platforms.
- You take personal ownership seriously and drive excellent outcomes for your team and all stakeholders. You strive to become a master of your craft and to build the best software. You enjoy providing technical leadership and mentoring. You make your team and the organization stronger through collaboration and effective communication.
- You value continual improvement at all levels: personally, as a team, as a software platform, and as an organization. It doesn’t matter to you where the best ideas come from or how they evolve into solutions through innovation and collaboration. You value being agile much more than doing agile. If bugs escape, you treat them as a learning opportunity for you and the team.
- You are candid and objective in your interactions with your colleagues. You give and accept feedback that benefits individuals, teams, the organization, and ultimately customers. You also understand the benefits of code reviews and can give and receive them graciously.
- You keep the customer experience in mind in all that you do. You value quality and employ best practices to deliver correct solutions that are maintainable and reliable without being over-engineered. You are willing to take part in an on-call rotation.
- When challenged you rally, double down, and create willing outcomes.
- Support, maintain, and enhance the core VoIP / media SDK
- Ownership of specific portions of the core VoIP / media SDK
- Collaborate with our globally distributed Engineering team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of software development in C++ and multi-threaded programs
- Strong experience with development on a particular platform but has a desire for development on multiple platforms (i.e., Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and Linux)
- Proven track record at devising solutions for problems, hand-on experience with designing, testing, and implementing significant sized features producing easy-to-read and maintainable code
- Solid networking knowledge and experience troubleshooting and debugging network related problems
- Comprehensive understanding of the challenges to integrated 3rd party libraries
- Experience with regression test automation tools and platforms
- Skilled in problem identification and root cause analysis
- Track record of researching new technologies and tools for integration in a product or feature
- All the usual awesome stuff: effective communication and interpersonal skills and a top-notch attitude
- Prior experience maintaining or extending a media stack (audio and/or video)
- Experience working with low level OS APIs or 3rd party libraries for real time audio or video
- Experience working with C++ development on Android