Threedium is looking for an experienced technology and innovation practitioner to serve as the Product Innovation & Software Development Lead. You will help Threedium to develop our advanced Unlimited3D platform and systems including technology such as Augmented and Virtual Reality, Advanced Rendering systems, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to drive tangible results. The candidate must understand key business drivers for the company and align research goals accordingly. You will develop and protect strategic IP that advances the ability of the company to do business. You will develop prototypes and proof of concepts that demonstrates core concepts and ideas.
To be successful in this role, you must be curious, innovative, a quick learner, and have a strong understanding of the key technologies that will drive and advance the ideation, production, distribution and presentation of 3D/AR content and experiences. As part of this, you will work seamlessly with key internal stakeholders and external innovation partners. You need to have solid communication abilities and work well in complex cross-functional teams. An ability to be flexible and work in a dynamic and extremely fast-paced environment to meet the needs of our business are critical to success. Experience developing many concurrent projects a plus.
- Drive the design and development of Unlimited3D’s advanced platform, systems, and applications
- Drive the adoption of new technology that is along with the Unlimited3D technology roadmap in particular AR/VR technology, advanced interactive graphics, and machine learning algorithms
- Establish and maintain an effective organizational and communications structure with an emphasis on agility, quality, and efficiency
- Aid in the creation of proofs-of-concept that incorporate many technology layers
- Hands-on development developing working, readable, testable and maintainable source code
- Developing system and software architecture
- Leading team
- Facilitate meetings as required
Technical and Operational Skills
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise and experience in the following areas:
- Web Virtual and Augmented Reality: Web Virtual reality and augmented reality hardware and software, tools, technologies and techniques. Experience capturing, creating, and driving digital humans and avatars a plus
- Strong understanding of WebGL
- Strong understanding of ARCore and ARKit
- Strong understanding of WebXR and WebVR standard
- Strong understanding of ThreeJS
- Strong understanding of 3D
- Leading teams
- Organizing new features and functionality
- Strong understanding of system and software architecture
- Familiarity and experience with technology used for visual effects and digital content creation, with a focus on the technology used in the creation of high-end 3D web solutions.
- Strong overall understanding of general-purpose computer systems including cloud, network, server, desktop, tablet and mobile form factors
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of technology-focused industry experience
- Experience with WebGL, WebAR, WebXR and browser-based interactive 3D formats.
- Deep knowledge of computer graphics (lighting, shading, rigging, fx, etc)
- Proficient with computer graphics content creation tools (Maya, Houdini, Nuke, etc)
- Proficient with game engine technology (e.g. Unity, Unreal, RealityKit).
- Experience with AR/VR and related technology; ARKit/ARCore experience a plus
- Experience developing apps for public release (e.g. iOS technology)
- Familiar with agile development philosophy and practices
- Experience leading small to mid-sized software development teams
- Experience leading/managing 3rd party vendors
- Experience in developing system and software architecture