Iz GitHub README-a:
This is an open-source port/conversion of the DOS game Prince of Persia. It is based on the disassembly of the original PoP1 for DOS.
Note, however, that SDLPoP has many new features not found in the original game. These are marked as such in the command-line and the keys sections below.
Where can I download that disassembly?
- Scroll down to the newest zip files.
- The exact version is PoP 1.0, i.e. pop1_ida.zip . (But I also added some features from later versions.)
Sources which helped in making the disassembly:
- Modifications to prince.exe (hex editing) topic in the PoPUW forum.
- That forum is down, you can find some saved posts here: https://forum.princed.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=661
- HTamas posted the dungeon wall drawing algorithm in C-style pseudocode here, along with many hex-edit hacks.
- It was his work that prompted me to start the disassembly and later SDLPoP. Thank you!
- PoP1 Technical Information by Mechner: https://www.popot.org/documentation.php?doc=OldDocuments
- PoP1 Apple II source code by Mechner: https://github.com/jmechner/Prince-of-Persia-Apple-II